Frequently Asked Questions
What is re_source?
re_source is the digital open innovation program by Sociedade Ponto Verde, focused on circular economy and digital disruption of packaging waste. The main goal of the program is for international startups and innovators to develop, together with the program’s pilot partners, the most innovative solutions to address re_source’s challenges.
The challenges of the program are:
- Consumers’ Journey & Behavior
- Waste Glass Collection & Recovery
- Aluminum packaging segregation
- Digitalization (PAYT)
- Recycling solutions for ECAL and coated boards
Who can Apply and how?
- Innovators and Startups: these are the program participants, who will be bringing innovative solutions to the industry;
You can apply by filling the application form right here.
- Pilot Partners: these are the industry players that will be applying to team up with the selected solutions.
You can apply by writing in the re-source’s contact page and the team will set up a meeting.
What are the eligible solutions to apply, for innovators?
We are accepting applications from:
- Startups with a Minimum Viable Product, working with digitalization and traceability;
- Innovators working with new material development, especially under Circular Economy requirements (especially plastic materials);
- Software specialists working along with IoT, artificial intelligence and big data;
- Robotics and AI startups with solutions for “last mile delivery”;
- Environmental Industrial designers working along with smart cities development;
- Bin innovators;
- Innovators in general;
- Research labs;
How does the pilot funding work?
Re_source will have available funding for pilots up to 250k. For each pilot, SPV will finance up to 60% of the pilot, to a maximum of 40k per pilot. The Pilot Partner will have to finance the remaining 40% of the pilot.
If my startup or project is selected, what are the next steps?
You’ll be meeting the program partners and pilot partners on the 19 & 20 of September, for the Online Pitch. This is a great opportunity to start thinking about which pilot project you could work on. At the Bootcamp you’ll have the opportunity to meet directly with the partners and fine tune for pilots, together.
I’m an innovator/startup. Will I be receiving investment? What’s in it for me?
Although we have financing available for the program, the main objective of the program is not investment, at least not directly. The industry partners will be helping your projects to be developed, financially or not. The purpose is that you work together with the industry partners and you can develop pilot projects with each other. What comes after will depend on your work together. What’s in it for you:
- Financial support from SPV for pilot developing
- Opportunity to scale your business by partnering with the pilot partners
- Opportunity to co-develop pilot projects and test your solution
- Validation of your product and access to business and sustainability learnings
- Access to workshops and industry talks
- Access to a network of innovators in the circular economy space
- Access to a team of experienced facilitators managing the program
- Brand visibility
In what language will the program be conducted?
English will be the official language as we are looking for solutions worldwide. However, the program is supported by the Portuguese waste packaging management body, Sociedade Ponto Verde, and counts on the participation of other Portuguese players in the industry.
Is there any cost to participate in re_source?
Participating in Re-source is free of charge. We are proud to carefully select our participants, focusing on their innovative solutions and solid teams.
Is there equity involved?
re-source does not take equity either.
Is this a fully digital program?
Yes, re-source is a fully digital program with the final event hybrid.
Got more questions?
Get in touch with us by visiting the contact page.